The Rail Market in Turkey 2015
The latest in this well regarded series of concise market reports examines the main line and urban rail sectors in Turkey, where a strong and developing economy is supporting high levels of investment in the industry. The creation of a network of high-speed lines linking major cities heads a list of active projects that also includes improved links with neighbouring countries, better access to ports and the development of commuter rail systems in principal conurbations. At a structural level, a process of reform of the state railway company TCDD is poised to open Turkey’s rail network to private sector operators, raising the prospect of further investment. These developments are all summarised in this up-to-the-minute report, together with details of the principal characteristics of Turkey’s rail infrastructure and the activities of TCDD, including its traction and rolling stock fleet. Also covered are metro, light rail and tram systems in Turkey, outlining current status and fleet together with plans for network development, plus a brief overview of a supply sector which through partnerships is delivering an increasing level of national self-sufficiency. Website addresses are included for most undertakings to assist further research and provide contact information.
- Summaries of the political and regulatory environment covering main line railways
- An outline of the TCDD Group, covering both its infrastructure characteristics and development plans and its train operating subsidiary TCDD Taşımacılığı
- A listing of private wagon-owning companies
- Urban rail transport status and projects in 12 cities
- An overview of the rail equipment supply sector in Turkey