The Rail Market in Italy - 2015
The 2015 edition of this popular report provides a concise up-to-date overview of Europe’s fourth most extensive rail network, outlining the structure of the country’s main line and regional rail transport market and summarising its political, budgetary and regulatory environment. It lists the most significant developments affecting Italy’s railways, outlining current and planned major infrastructure projects, including cross-border links, and known rolling stock procurement intentions. The report lists all train operators active in Italy as at April 2015, ranging from those forming part of the network holding company, FSI Group, to regional and open access companies. Also included is a summary of the status of all current rail-based urban transport systems in Italy, covering metro, light rail and tram systems and including system development plans. Website addresses are included for most undertakings to assist further research and provide contact information.
- Summaries of the political and regulatory environment covering main line and urban rail
- Outline of FSI Group, including network operator RFI and train operator Trenitalia
- Regional railway activities and developments in Italy’s 20 provinces, covering operators and responsible agencies
- Open access freight and passenger operators currently active in Italy
- Urban rail transport status and projects in 15 cities